Vista’s Terms of Business
TERMS and CONDITIONS for Private Patients: Self Pay, Insurance or Third Party
Please read the terms and conditions carefully
In these Terms and Conditions “You” are the patient and “We” are Vista Diagnostics Limited.
- Your scan:
- You must be referred for an MRI or ultrasound scan (“Scan”) by a clinician: GP, Consultant, Physiotherapist, Osteopathic Practitioner, Chiropractor or other health professional.
- We reserve the right to reject clinically inappropriate referrals.
- We will offer You a range of appointment options at centres conveniently situated across London.
- We will ask You to complete a Patient Safety Questionnaire when You arrive at the clinic prior to an MRI Scan. This is to ensure that there are no safety reasons why You should not undertake a MRI Scan.
- We will explain what will be involved in your Scan, and your consent will be required prior to it taking place.
- We will carry out your Scan with reasonable skill and care using appropriately qualified staff.
- You will normally be given the Scan images at the end of your imaging appointment.
- Your Scan will be reported by a Consultant Radiologist and a report will normally be issued to your referring clinician within two (2) business days of your Scan taking place.
- Our policy on the content of patient reports is that all patients return to their referring clinician to discuss the content of their report. Our staff are unable to undertake discussions on report findings with any patient.
- A percentage of our Consultant Radiologist reports are audited using anonymised data only.
- Payment terms:
- Self-Pay patients
- Your Scan price will be confirmed at the time of booking. Full payment is required before you have your Scan. Payment of your Scan can be made via our secure online payment system.
- You will be provided with an e-mail receipt (or paper receipt on request) once payment is complete.
- Insurance and third party payments
- We have agreed rates with most insurance companies.
- If You are being funded by medical insurance, please check the Terms and Conditions of your policy.
- If You are covered by insurance, in order to secure an appointment, We must always be provided with the following: the name of your Insurance Company, your Pre-authorisation Number and your Membership Number.
- You may be required to pay any excess not covered by your insurance company or not paid by a third party before your Scan takes place.
- We will not enter into correspondence with a private medical insurer in the event that You subsequently claim the cost of the Scan from such insurance provider.
- If funded by a third party, We will require a payment guarantee prior to confirming an appointment. We will require the following: name of your guarantor, company name and necessary contact details.
- How We may use your personal information and data protection compliance
We will comply with all applicable laws relating to personal data received from You or on your behalf (Protected Data) at all times including but not limited to the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulations (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR) (together referred to as Data Protection Legislation).
- We will only process or procure your Protected Data for the purposes of carrying out your Scan and processing your payment except where otherwise required by applicable law.
- We will implement and maintain technical and organisational measures to protect your Protected Data against accidental, unauthorised or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure or access.
- We will not process and/or transfer, or otherwise directly or indirectly disclose, any of your Protected Data in or to countries outside the United Kingdom or to any international organisation without your prior written consent.
- We will notify You without undue delay and in writing on becoming aware of any data breach in respect of any of your Protected Data.
- We will retain all Protected Data for a period of eight (8) years following your Scan after which We will dispose of it (and thereafter promptly delete all existing copies of it) securely, except to the extent that any applicable law requires us to store such Protected Data for a further period. This clause 4.e shall survive termination or expiry of this Agreement.
- A Data Protection Officer (DPO) has been appointed in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) who will ensure compliance with the GDPR as well as other relevant data privacy regulations and provisions relating to the protection of data.
Contact Information: Data Protection Officer: Malcolm McNinch
- We will respond to enquiries or complaints regarding your personal data promptly in accordance with all relevant Data Protection Legislation.
- Scan Appointments
We aim to provide MRI and ultrasound Scans to our patients in a timely manner.
- Late Arrivals
If You are late, your appointment cannot be extended into the next time slot so please ensure You arrive punctually. If You are more than ten (10) minutes late, your appointment will be considered “did not attend” and You will normally be charged for the missed appointment